Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Weddings, Cupcakes, and FEAR

This weekend I had my first WEDDING!

I cannot believe I have gotten this far in this little amount of time. Remember when I first began this little blog?

It's crazy!

I get nervous with every order I do. I mean this is someone's: birthday, or babyshower, or christening, or Friday, and I only want to enhance that day, not ruin it.

But a wedding? This is THE day. Oh lord, I watch Bridezillas! I see what happens to potentially sane women have things go wrong on their wedding day.

So there was planning, and creating, and replanning, and recreating. I had to build the cake stand myself because there just wasn't anything that could hold that many cupcakes that wasn't horribly tacky. So it was me, wood, styrafoam, pretty white decorative foil, a hot gun, and a dream. There were times I wanted to cry. There were words that some may deem inappropriate. And there were times I just wanted to set the thing on fire.

Which I could have because my oven decided it was going to become an incinerator.

A violently hot incinerator that wanted to do nothing more than to burn everything that went in it.

So it was off to my darling Lynne's house where she graciously let me take over her kitchen for an entire day with all of the ingredients (including love and magic) that goes into 14 dozen multi-flavored cupcakes.

And with all this it all came together.

And it looked something like this:

Our First Cupcake Wedding Cake!

The bride was nice enough to let me know the next day that everything went well and I was able to sleep that night.

It was all worth it and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Which is a good thing, since I have another one December 3rd :)

No comments:

Post a Comment